INSP – Tecnologías Avanzadas Inspiralia
Business activities: Inspiralia is a unique private initiative involved in Research, Development and Innovation services to companies. It offers its clients a complete cradle to grave service from product or process conceptual design to the commercial exploitation of the market-oriented developed new technology. It provides technical support to industrial companies, offering them R&D services increasing the competitiveness of their product offering. For Inspiralia, it is clear that we could not continue improving every day without the collaboration of other industrial and research partners. Cooperation is the basis of success. This is the reason why Inspiralia is participating in more than 30 research projects at European level that have allowed them to create strategic alliances and find always the best partners in research.
Inspiralia has over 50 full time innovation consultants, researchers and technicians. Our headquarters are located in North of Spain (La Rioja) together with technical and commercial facilities in Madrid. At Inspiralia we believe that only by being at the forefront of science is possible to offer the best solutions in our five areas of Technical expertise: Advanced Materials, Computational Engineering, Electronics and Communications, Industrial Control and Intelligent Systems. Inspiralia research groups offer these technological services to be applied in our target industrial sectors:
- Energy and Environment.
- Healthcare Technologies.
- Food and Agricultural Technologies.
- Building and Construction.
- New Industrial Products and Processes.
- Transport and Infrastructure.
Role in the project: INSPIRALIA, selected by TECHTERA, will be the RTD applying their expertise on the area of polymer chemistry, formulation and mechanical analysis to lead all tasks dealing with the synthesis of EcoLASTANE textile fibres. Inspiralia is also the Technical & Risk Manager of EcoLASTANE by means of Mr. Daniel de la Puente. He will lead a team of researchers with sound experience on the development of new bio-based polymers for the textile industry.
- RTD activities: In WP1 INSPIRALIA will lead a task on monomer functionalization and synthesis. In WP2 INSP will focus on synthetic fiber pre-polymers, while in WP3 final processable polymers will be developed. In WP4 INSP will formulate the plastic material (additivation) and characterize the final plastics polymers and resulting spun fibers. The chemical engineering and computer simulation department of INSP will also collaborate with CERTH in the design of the HMF reactor.
- DEMO activities: INSP will work alongside MEYER and RAIDLIGHT on the above four tasks during RTD activities to indirectly train textile SMEs to prepare for WP5 DEMO: validation EcoLASTANE fibres. It will consist on the incorporation of the novel fibers into final marketable products: a pilot 100% bio-based running T-shirt by RAIDLIGHT and food-contact ropes by MEYER.
- OTHER activities: Together with the CERTH and TR, INSP will contribute to WP7 on Use and Dissemination in the form of dissemination of EcoLASTANE results in academic publications and journals by the issuing of research articles and attendance to conferences, workshops, congresses and similar events where the benefits our technology will be highlighted. Finally, INSP will lead the training of the SMEs and Associations in the consortiums by means of “training the trainers” (TECHTERA mostly).