Asociación Murciana De Industrias Químicas (AMIQ)
Business Activities: AMIQ (Asociación Murciana de Industrias Químicas) was stablished in 1999 to represent and defend the interest of de the chemical industry in the Region of Murcia (Spain).
AMIQ comprises the chemical industries of the Region of Murcia. AMIQ-associated industries moved in 2010 a volume of €10,000 million and generated an added value worth €363 million, with a 30% global growth rate since 2000 and 7,500 workers. AMIQ’s members represent a highly atomised and add up to large business network counting with a high percentage of Chemical SMEs, amounting thousands of high scientific and technological level products, installations and professionals. AMIQ is integrated in FEIQUE (Federation of the chemical industry in Spain) and CEFIC (European Chemical Industry Council). AMIQ represents over 350 companies engaged in the following activities:
- Trade, distribution and transport of chemicals
- Manufacture of cleaning, hygiene and cosmetics
- Plants of commodities chemicals and raw materials
- Formulation of plastics, polymers and technical materials
- Manufacture of agrochemicals (fertilizers and phytosanitarys)
- Fine chemical plants, pharmaceutical and health
- Production of paints, varnishes, lacquers and adhesives.
- Petrochemicals (production, storage and distribution)
- Pyrotechnics and explosives.
- Development of specialties for consumer and professional use
- Product biotech, food and nutraceuticals
Since its establishment, AMIQ develops the following functions:
- Promote professional qualifications, training and acquisition of professional skills at all levels of the company.
- Facilitate the adaptation of companies to current and forthcoming legislation, both in facilities and products.
- Promote technological innovation, research, knowledge transfer, improving quality and operational excellence.
- Promote corporate social responsibility and industrial management policies that respect the environment.
- Encourage taking appropriate security measures, both the environment outside and inside the facility
- Further improvement of the competitiveness of businesses through innovation, internationalization and cooperation
- Encourage participation in public and private initiatives involved in solving problems in the sector
- Contribute to the achievement of economies of scale and strength of the collective benefit of its members.
- Promote professional ethics and good labour relations and professional and personal development of employees
- Represent the Chemical Industry and defend their interests in any Public or Private forum.
Role in the project: AMIQ is the Coordinator of EcoLASTANE, representing the involvement of the largest the largest Chemicals sector in Spain, with almost 100 SMEs. The role of AMIQ in the project is:
- COORDINATION of EcoLASTANE: AMIQ is the Coordination of EcoLASTANE project by means of Mr Francisco Caparrós. He will ensure the correct development of all activities described in the Consortium Management WP7 and in cour Grant Agreement with the EC. The other two associations in the project, TECHTERA and CZBIOM will support AMIQ in managerial activities from an advising position.
- OTHER activities: AMIQ will contribute to use of results and dissemination beyond the consortium (WP6) as a key representative of the largest Chemicals sector in Spain. AMIQ will internally disseminate results 1 to 3 among its associates and update them with the progress of EcoLASTANE during project execution.
- RTD activities: AMIQ will also contribute to the technical side of the project by supporting RTD performers TR, CERTH and INSP in the development on bio-based monomers and synthetic polymers for textile uses by means of offering its members’ advice and experience. AMIQ will also contribute to the validation of the technology, especially chemical derivatization and polymer synthesis, through the feedback received from associated members in order to ensure that the final product meets the needs of the industry that they represent.